DISTRICT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING SRINAGAR
DIET is the most significant educational intervention in the country, while the NCERT came up in the 1960's and the State Councils of Education Research and Training came up in 1970's, the need for a third tier of training and resource support structure, right at the district level was genuinely felt in order to improve the quality of basic education. As result DIETs were set up in almost all the districts of all the states in the country.
It aims following objectives.
- To bring about qualitative improvement in School Education at all levels.
- To conduct academic research, expansion and training in the field of School Education.
- To organise innovative programs for expansion and propagation of new trends related to education.
- To organise creative programs for all-round development of students such as Science fairs, Drama, Science exhibition, Quiz Competitions, Painting Competitions etc.
- To publish educational literature.